Job ID 34273
The Program Assistant 3 coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and/or operations. Creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events.
Coordinate PI’s schedule and lab activity schedules, while conducting various administrative tasks that further the PI and the lab’s academic and research interests. Will need to do computer-related tasks and assist in data collection and cataloging. Follows appropriate protocols, policies.
Documents & Databases
- Independently responds to and composes correspondence.
- Creates and maintains standard spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Prepares queries, reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. based on information compiled from various sources.
- Determines format, elements, trends, etc.
- Establishes and maintains a new filing systems, as well as organizing and maintain currently existing databases of research and other information.
- Ability to understand, contextualizes, and writes clear, effective academic prose.
- Ability to write precise, well-organized emails and letters while using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationship and positive work environment.
- Effectively performs duties and responsibilities with attention to detail and support for organization polices.
- Approves appropriate expenses, purchases and reimbursements per budget.
- Creates and maintains financial records.
- Prepares forms.
- May process payments for research participants per study protocol
- Verifies appropriateness and accuracy of charges.
- Processes and reconciles expenses, accounting transfers, and/or appropriation changes.
- Updates financial transaction spreadsheets and databases.
- Generates summary reports and statistics.
- Manages supervisors and/or dept calendar.
- Manages registration and travel.
- Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines.
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research studies including participant recruitment, scheduling, and retention.
- Completes documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- Collects agenda items and background materials.
- Creates registrant profiles.
- Obtains informed consent.
- Coordinates complex itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc.
- Prepares annual event, conference and/or meeting budget.
- Verifies invoices and expense reports; and/or reconciles to budget.
- Assisting with research duties (e.g. finding papers; data collection)
- Coordinates processing & analysis of data, conduct of experimental tests & procedures
- Collects, records, reviews & summarizes research data.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls.
- Responds to inquiries.
- Provides basic interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Researches information to resolve problems or issues.
- Coordinates hiring of work-study personnel (undergraduate summer hires and temps) Approvals of hours, co-supervision along with faculty member.
- Provides work direction and trains other research staff to schedule/test participants
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent along with 4 years of administrative support experience is required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
- TEAM BUI
- Must complete NU's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- College degree
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
For consideration, current employees must submit an online application. For specific questions about this position, current employees may contact Stefanie Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org. External candidates should be directed to apply via Northwestern’s career site at careers.northwestern.edu