POSITION DESCRIPTION: Marketing Coordinator
This 25-hour a week part-time position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of marketing, communications, fundraising, storytelling, and outreach strategies for a Chicago-area nonprofit autism resource organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, teens and adults with autism spectrum disorder.
• Email Marketing, Client & In-House Communications – Manage email settings, timing and personalization to ensure maximum open rates; write and disseminate Have Dreams newsletter; establish an organizational communications calendar
• Website Management & Graphic Design – Maintain/update Have Dreams’ website (Wordpress), create promotional materials as needed (InDesign/Word/PhotoShop), ensure a consistent look and feel among all promotional and informational media to maintain the organization’s brand identity
• Social Media Management– Keep Have Dreams’ brand and presence, storytelling and networking connections on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn consistent, current and relevant
• Promotion & Client Development – Develop and implement specialized promotions, advertising campaigns and strategies targeted at both current and potential clientele; generate publicity for Have Dreams programs and special events through press releases and other means
• Search Engine Optimization & Management – Maximize our online visibility by ensuring that Have Dreams consistently rises to the top of search results, and that a steady stream of traffic regularly flows through our websites
• Analytics – Make the most of Have Dreams’ donor and program data, crafted targeted campaigns, promotions and communications for our varied demographics, as well as identifying and acting upon relevant information from web traffic data.
• Community Liaison & Public Events – Develop/expand relationships with neighborhood groups, the business community, and other organizations that result in collaborations and an enhanced public profile for the organization.
•Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or related field.
•Minimum three years' work experience in related field, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google (Drive, Docs, Forms and Email), Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, and Acrobat Pro, WordPress, and YouTube (preferred).
•Experience with managing social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
•Familiarity with email and online marketing strategies using software such as Vertical Response, Constant Contact, or MailChimp.
•Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
•Media relations experience a plus.
Submit resumes online to Bobbi Frazes Goldman, Director of Development, email@example.com